Sunday, October 31, 2021

Being Happy All Day Every Day is not Realistic...my rambling musings

My blogging is non-specific; Sometimes it could be a family newsletter type update, a rant, or my original intent; detailing my journey with chronic pain. On days like today it is a long winded mix of rambling musings about all of the above. 

Don’t we all deal with chronic pain? Sometimes those pains are visible, sometimes they aren’t…actually I’d say most are not. Being happy all day every day is not realistic.

As you know, I’m a middle aged menopausal woman who deals with invisible chronic pain. But I’ve really made advances in that recently. I’m getting my medications right, I’m eating better (Totally disappointed that I can’t eat like I did when I was 20…even more disappointed to think that way of eating probably contributed to my chronic pain issues 😢), I’m moving more, I’m socializing more, and just feel overall joy because I’ve got a great team to help me on this crazy journey of life...which includes most of y’all since it’s mostly friends and family who read this.

I don’t want to debate politics with anyone; I don’t want to preach religion to anyone. I would like to help others feel healthy and happy. I’m personally experiencing debilitating anxiety but like I said, I’ve got a good team who I trust and they are helping me work through it.

know the chaos, incivility, and ideological differences in America (and throughout the world) are huge triggers for my anxieties. I watched this last night and it sure set me off so you might not want to click on it if you are dealing with anxiety yourself right now.
Watch "Jim Caviezel “The Storm is Upon Us” https://youtu.be/_1CiCur4QVw

I had to really ponder what I was hearing and I’d encourage you to do the same. After thinking about it I decided we’d all feel happier if we Christians (and everyone else no matter their religion) focused on our similarities rather than our differences. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father and He doesn't want us to fight each other. But I know realistically siblings fight and that doesn't make me happy; just the opposite. I'm thankful to live in a country where I have the freedoms I do and that so many like minded people are willing to fight for their rights if necessary. It causes me dread and anxiety to know that's where we are headed. 😰 Please don't pressure and bad mouth others who don't believe as you do but DO vote and let your voices be heard through your representatives; where I live it is on November 2nd.

Rambling on to a less anxious inducing thought now, phew! Seeing as this is Halloween, I wanted to end on a happier holiday note that focuses on holiday similarities and differences. Did you know that in cultures outside mine they celebrate Day of the Dead? Here’s what I learned: “The Day of the Dead celebrations may coincide with Halloween and seem similar. Both celebrations involve costumes, skeletons, and treats as well as graveyards and death imagery...Rather than displaying grim or gory decorations, Day of the Dead celebrations involve paying respects to loved ones.”

This year I focused more on a fall theme instead of a Halloween spooky scary one; it helped me feel less anxious. But guess what else today is? It’s also two of my TX friends' birthday! It’s always an easy date for me to remember. So I’d like to give a shout out to my friend, Kathy, on her birthday. I’d also like to give a shout out to my friend, Joyce, who passed away a few years after I moved. I found out the hard way, by calling on her birthday and hearing the sad news from her daughter. Don’t worry; Halloween isn’t spoiled for me, especially when I think of it as the other holiday celebration…Day of the Dead. Happy Heavenly Birthday, Joyce!

Do your best to stay happy and as anxious/pain free as possible, whoever you are, whatever you believe, wherever you live, and whatever holidays you celebrate. Love and appreciate your support team. Being Happy All Day Every Day is not Realistic but try to find the joy along the way. (And thanks for "listening" to my rambling musings if you've made it this far.) 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment