Monday, October 25, 2021

It's Always Something


I’m combining my happiness blog/family newsletter again today. Being Happy is Better Than Being Smart; it’s also easier to be happy when you can keep your sense of humor.

Y’all know my life isn’t perfect, no one’s is, and I’m choosing to focus on the positive and the things I can control instead of all the chaos around me. Don’t worry, I’m aware of the chaos, but I can only do what I can do. Same as you.

Today I got all serious minded. I was determined to use my birthday gift without breaking it or anything else. I wanted my mowing job to look decent this time, too. I was very careful. I went very slowly. I tried my best to stay focused and have “situational awareness”. This thing is no toy and it’s very expensive to repair so I needed to leave my phone behind and take this seriously.


I was doing a great job, if I do say so myself. I had a few oops moments but no fence, animal, rock wall, or damage was done. Let me tell you, I was feeling super proud of myself!

I debated on mowing even more than I had planned since everything was going so well. I had brought along an apple for a snack. The weather was great, I had plenty of water, and there was more than enough work to be done from the comfort of this bad boy so I thought about it as I started in on my snack.

Then reality killed the dream. Let me show you what happened. Here’s the Instagram after pic of my great mowing job:


Here’s reality:


Yep, there’s a really good reason why I rarely bite with my front teeth. I’ve been complimented on my beautiful smile but the truth is, some of it is fake and I’ve we’ve had to spend tens of thousands of dollars because of my jaw and teeth issues.

My happiness hack for the day…use dental benefits and get preventative work done if you can. Even if/when you have those benefits, it can still cost more than you ever imagined when there is a major problem so have an emergency fund. Brush, floss, get your teeth cleaned, wear your retainers, and be careful according to your own situation. Don’t swallow the bridge when it comes off (they don't last forever; this isn't the first time this has happened to me and I'm sure it won't be the last), save it, and call your dentist ASAP and hope you are as lucky as me and can get in the next day to get it put back on. (Fingers crossed that goes well and isn’t too expensive. Sigh.) 

It’s always something so learn to laugh and be happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment