Saturday, September 5, 2015

Light Up the Sky

Light up the Sky

Have you seen this all over Facebook? Here's why I do, I was invited and accepted. Here is the description: 

9pm EST **THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC GATHERING** Let's light up the sky for the ones we've lost due to addiction, and for those who may still be struggling or have been lucky enough overcome the struggle of addiction. Drugs have a hold on you that no one can explain, and it can happen to anyone! We are losing way to many mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, etc. because of this epidemic. So please turn your porch light on or light some candles outside and say a little prayer for those we've lost or those who are still struggling. Please invite your friends to join in, let's light up the whole sky! We will do this every month on the 25th!!

I happened to post today on there today. Here is my post:
I've already been asked what drugs I take and what the treatment was. Yikes! I've just sent them the link to this blog. Because I still don't recommend it. Just because I've decided not to worry about what the doctor's say/think I can only do that until Tuesday. Because that's when I have my next appointment with the chronic pain clinic. I'm not really looking forward to what she has to say about my prescription choices. For now I'm going to say NO to more drugs...unless she talks me into it.

Right now I only take one prescription drug...generic prozac because it's cheaper than name brand. But now I'm choosing to take tons of vitamins and supplements instead. Why? To help me sleep so I don't wake up with terrible leg cramps. I never had those before. To help my digestive system be regular. TMI, I know, but if anyone from Light Up The Sky actually reads this (or any woman probably) you know that is a VERY REAL issue.

I've gone from these


 To these. But that's ok with me, only one of those is still prescription and that's how I want to keep it.


Because it is keeping me happy enough to be able to take one of these:


2 comments: