Friday, August 14, 2015

Hold Up

You're right, Michele, and others. I'm in no rush so let me take a minute to just say this...yes, I DO want to focus on the positive because hey, I'm naturally a happy person. Or at least I try to be. But don't be fooled into thinking that my life has been or was a bed of roses up until this point just because I glossed over everything in my hurry to get to my "life changing experience" that happened this spring.

Roses are beautiful and all but have you ever tried to pick those things? They've got thorns people and they can draw blood! We've all got our good and bad experiences. Funny and sad. Some have more of one than the others but let's get real. Here's some more pictures to illustrate what I mean. Who woulda thunk I would have been married at 19?









 See what I mean? You never knew what you were gonna get! Big hair, mullet, boy hair cut, glasses, no glasses, smile, ... Let's just leave it at that shall we?

Again, how many pictures have you posted of yourself from back in the day to the whole world y'all? Uh huh. That's what I thought. :)  Enough said.

My whole point for today's blog post is to remind everyone that yes, I grew up poor in that I got free/reduced lunch. Did that make me any less happy? No. Did I have everything I needed? Yes. Was I well loved. Yes again. Obviously. Remember how I said I grew up LDS? Did I look sad and mal-adjusted to you? Even though I had a "large" family? No. Did I look like I was well educated and like I wanted to get married? Yes. I had a "normal American childhood" according to my state and socioeconomic way of life.

Do you care? Don't know. Why do I feel like you need to know? Again, I don't know. It's really none of your business I guess but I feel like I should point it out so there you go. And also because I feel like saying it, my husband comes from a pretty similar background.
(But I'm not going to post pictures of him. I must say it's a good thing I DIDN'T see his teenage pictures before we met because then I might not have been as attracted to him. Just sayin!)

Love you, Dave!



No comments:

Post a Comment